PhoenixRC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RC Sim Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

v5c available

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ckleanth

v5c available Empty
PostSubject: v5c available   v5c available Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:33 am

Guys regarding schemes and custom sites if the update wipes clean your documents/phoenix rc folder I hope you have a backup because I manually copy my 
Custom sites in .\Documents\PhoenixRC\Downloaded\Sites\User-made
Schemes in  .\Documents\PhoenixRC\Downloaded\Schemes\User-made
transmitter settings in PhoenixRC\Settings\mappingProfiles\Custom

Physics models hare different structure but should have the same info from old variants. You probably need to manually edit old variants in a text editor
I just need to figure out how to copy existing models and edit/configure in phoenix model creator

Old grumpy gits sttick with v4.. I like v5 and it will get sorted
rf7 eat my dust Wink
Back to top Go down
Bad Raven

Bad Raven

v5c available Empty
PostSubject: Re: v5c available   v5c available Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 2:15 pm

Yes, early today I tested "c" and it works, so 5.0c does allow user schemes to be used.

They have to be placed in your My Documents folder (wherever that may be depending on "Windose" variant, then PhoenixRC\Downloaded\Schemes.

Windose 7 is C:\Users\"your computer account user name"\Documents\PhoenixRC\Downloaded\Schemes

(Note, they work without the "User-made" folder as listed above)

Note: Further Update: I have asked Phoenix Support what the impact of the extra folder "User-made" is bearing in mind the schemes work with or without and that this final folder is NOT included in 5.0c. Await reply.
Back to top Go down
ckleanth

v5c available Empty
PostSubject: Re: v5c available   v5c available Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 4:57 pm

If you edit a variant this User-made folder is created

Can someone that still have phoenix v4 make a copy of the cap232 with default settings (this is important because I want to figure out the physics model settings from v4 to v5), zip the variant file and pm me here please? 
Thanks

Back to top Go down
Bad Raven

Bad Raven

v5c available Empty
PostSubject: Re: v5c available   v5c available Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 6:01 pm

You have a PM......
Back to top Go down
Bad Raven

Bad Raven

v5c available Empty
PostSubject: Re: v5c available   v5c available Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 6:07 pm

Answer from Support re: "User-made" folder....................

The "User-made" folder is not strictly necessary, but as this is where all
future user-made schemes will be placed, it is better that you place them in
here for tidiness.

We have already made changes to the update installer, and the next update
will also create this folder by default.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

v5c available Empty
PostSubject: Re: v5c available   v5c available Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 3:04 am

Appreciate the constant updates Bad Raven!
Back to top Go down
https://phoenixrc.forumotion.com
ckleanth

v5c available Empty
PostSubject: Re: v5c available   v5c available Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 5:24 am

I don't know how one can upload files here so here is my take on comparing v4 and v5 physics engine.
It doesn't look good...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=27574132&postcount=242
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

v5c available Empty
PostSubject: Re: v5c available   v5c available Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 10:21 am

I am sorting the file upload deal out. I should have a solution soon
Back to top Go down
https://phoenixrc.forumotion.com
Bad Raven

Bad Raven

v5c available Empty
PostSubject: Re: v5c available   v5c available Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 11:57 am

Admin wrote:
I am sorting the file upload deal out. I should have a solution soon

Excellent.  sunny 

As I write, 5.0d, stated as being planned to be available yesterday, has still to appear. This means that the Transmitter fault introduced in 5.0c where Heli and Plane extra channels are BOTH live at once, so retract planes on a 6 channel Tx have idle up throttle action and flap planes have overlapping throttle hold are still active, which sort of kills using it!!  Rolling Eyes 

I have just been concentrating on tidying up the schemes I have made and collected elsewhere over the years to remove overlaps and development versions.

Back to top Go down
Bad Raven

Bad Raven

v5c available Empty
PostSubject: Re: v5c available   v5c available Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 6:28 am

No update to 5.0d yet.............

For the record............I won't list detail here, but I have just put yet another list of bugs I have found inside 5.0c back to Support, seven more in this one mail, and that is the sixth EMail from me to them for 5.0c alone.
Back to top Go down
Bad Raven

Bad Raven

v5c available Empty
PostSubject: Re: v5c available   v5c available Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 4:14 pm

5.0d/e/f and now g!!

Back to top Go down
gman4995

v5c available Empty
PostSubject: Re: v5c available   v5c available Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 6:48 pm

V5.0.I now out!!
Back to top Go down
ckleanth

v5c available Empty
PostSubject: Re: v5c available   v5c available Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 7:42 pm

ok tried the latest version. most of the aircraft flew ok but on stall conditions they still float too much. upgrade from v4 its not a bad thing to do....

also, depending where you installed the program all the aircraft resources are in
C:\Program Files (x86)\PhoenixRC\resources\
.\objects\aircraft\fixedWing\Performance\cap232 here you can find a lot of stuff. I'm still trying to figure this out as I've got a .var file and the new physics model which is the .pxv .
However here we also have the geometry files...

for custom sounds
.\soundEffects\planes\ here you put the .wav files
.\objects\aircraft\fixedWing\engines here you put the .pxe files
Back to top Go down
gman4995

v5c available Empty
PostSubject: Re: v5c available   v5c available Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 1:33 am

My planes are mirrored, it seems that on the P-51 the "Big Beautiful Doll" and nose checkers are reprinted across the entire plane (Same thing on all aircraft). Should I uninstall and try again or wait for the next update?
Back to top Go down
Bad Raven

Bad Raven

v5c available Empty
PostSubject: Re: v5c available   v5c available Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 5:26 am

gman4995 wrote:
My planes are mirrored, it seems that on the P-51 the "Big Beautiful Doll" and nose checkers are reprinted across the entire plane (Same thing on all aircraft). Should I uninstall and try again or wait for the next update?

Has nothing to do with the update per se......two PC's running "i" OK graphically here.

I suggest you check the drivers for your graphics card and download and install the latest before doing anything else.
Back to top Go down
gman4995

v5c available Empty
PostSubject: Re: v5c available   v5c available Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 7:24 pm

V5.0.L • Fixed an issue with corrupted textures on models on a small number of graphics-cards!!

YAY!!
Back to top Go down
Bad Raven

Bad Raven

v5c available Empty
PostSubject: Re: v5c available   v5c available Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 3:37 am

Yes, getting there, but still a number of issues.

Just a few................

Can someone please open the change flying site menu window, then try and shut it down with the red cross top right of the window..............does it? Have reported this for AGES and while they have commented back on other things in reports from me, they have never commented on this and my system is still like it.

Do you have a Sea Ranger Amphibious Heli? Does it have graphics or is it unskinned plain white?

Amphibious airplanes with retracts exhibit almost random degrees of gear drag. The Grumman Goose exhibits no extra drag if the wheels are down under water when moving...........true or false? (The Lake's drag by comparison is so high that dropping the gear on throttle taxi at 7mph brings it to a rapid halt!)

Engine Exhaust smoke trails are excessively dense (compared to v4.0).

Take the Parkzone Icon A% (no gear), any water site, NO wind, taxi it on the water, cut the motor, and apply full rudder, does it oscillate wildly side to side several times before coming to rest?

Menus do not scroll by click and hold on the appropriate arrow.

Back to top Go down
gman4995

v5c available Empty
PostSubject: Re: v5c available   v5c available Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 1:58 pm

I will find out...
Back to top Go down
gman4995

v5c available Empty
PostSubject: Re: v5c available   v5c available Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 2:04 pm

Cross for flying site does NOT work.
Sea Ranger IS UNSKINNED.
Grumman Goose has NO drag when gear is down.
Smoke is EXTREMELY dense.
Icon A5 DOES oscillate.
Menus DO NOT scroll on appropriate arrow (when clicked and held).
Back to top Go down
gman4995

v5c available Empty
PostSubject: Re: v5c available   v5c available Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 4:15 pm

How do I use the custom sounds?? I tried the instructions on page 1 and I cannot find the sounds in Model: Edit: Propeller: Sound
Back to top Go down
Bad Raven

Bad Raven

v5c available Empty
PostSubject: Re: v5c available   v5c available Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 7:32 pm

gman4995 wrote:
Cross for flying site does NOT work.
Sea Ranger IS UNSKINNED.
Grumman Goose has NO drag when gear is down.
Smoke is EXTREMELY dense.
Icon A5 DOES oscillate.
Menus DO NOT scroll on appropriate arrow (when clicked and held).

Cheers............!!
Back to top Go down
gman4995

v5c available Empty
PostSubject: Re: v5c available   v5c available Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 1:28 pm

Custom sounds??? I didn't get an answer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

v5c available Empty
PostSubject: Re: v5c available   v5c available Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

v5c available
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PhoenixRC Forum :: General :: Phoenix 5 General-
Jump to: