PhoenixRC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RC Sim Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Member Introductions

Go down 
+2
SVrider58
WarCowboy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WarCowboy
Admin
WarCowboy

Member Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Member Introductions   Member Introductions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 8:42 am

First off, welcome and thank you for joining the forums!

I decided to create a phoenix sim specific forum due to the spread of knowledge base and user customization that I felt would be nice to have in an "all in one, easy to find place" for everyone.

With the new and coming "version 5" and it's promised ability to allow CAD created models from scratch, and of-course with the already large growing numbers of user customized skins, flying site scenery, and sound edits, this should provide to be a great gathering place for everyone's thoughts, request and input toward our community.

So with that being said, I will start this off by my own introduction.

My name is Josh, I have been into the hobby of RC models for 25yrs total, having owned just about every type of RC there is at some point.  I have worked in the RC field as the main tech for a local hobby shop and have a vast knowledge of the majority of the field.  I also enjoy working with computers, PC graphics and other facets within the subject.
Other hobbies and work, I am a professional horse trainer, and bull rider, private pilot and paintball gun tech. I love just about everything to be honest.

Please post some info about yourself and feel free to start some topics and make suggestions for the forums while your at it!
Look forward to hearing about you all!

Member Introductions RC_stuff
Member Introductions Horse_n_bull

Last edited by WarCowboy on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SVrider58

PostSubject: Hello to all   Member Introductions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 9:06 am

Hello Josh,

Thanks for PM on RCGroups! Now i'm here registered. My name is Ulf and i'm 56 years old and come from Germany. My favourite models are planes and helicopters. I have made very much schemes and sounds for Phoenix and i can upload my work also on your site!

Shall i do? Hope i can support your site with my work! Very Happy

best regards Ulf (sorry for my english, it's a long time from school until yet) Embarassed 
Back to top Go down
WarCowboy
Admin
WarCowboy

PostSubject: Re: Member Introductions   Member Introductions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 9:24 am

Thank you for joining! And can't wait to see what you have for phoenix! If there is anything I can do to help you with or to improve the forums, don't hesitate to tell me!
Back to top Go down
ckleanth

PostSubject: Re: Member Introductions   Member Introductions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 6:51 pm

Hi guys, name is George. I'm a 38 y old engineer working at a landing gear manufacturer in the uk.
Have been scratch building rc since I was 13-14, self taught how to fly nitro fixed wing a/c. I considerably reduced crashes when bought an rc sim (dunno name but was working on an EGA monitor) with what looked to be a homemade two two axis sticks with two buttons if memory serves me right. I stopped when I went to uni but came back to the hobby 4 years ago. I now fly 3d a/c (electric because its so much cleaner, instant torque, no dead stick) equipment used to be Spektrum guy, toyed with 9x and er9x now completely switched to using openTx & FrSky taranis tx.
Im not good with scemes but will probably do model physics changes etc.

Last (a bit if devil's advocate here) im just hoping this site will last. There was another site created for Phoenix not that long ago... There was a lot stuff there but when the site closed down all was gone. .
Sad

Back to top Go down
WarCowboy
Admin
WarCowboy

PostSubject: Re: Member Introductions   Member Introductions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 4:59 am

Welcome over, and I don't intend to shut down for any reason with this thing. I don't intend to run these forums by myself and will be in the market for moderators and a secondary administrator eventually, I just got to get the numbers up first and see who is interested.

PS. That simulator you most likely had back in the day, sounds like "Dave Brown"? That thing was the tits in its day!

Member Introductions A2553332-172-IMG_1210
Back to top Go down
ckleanth

PostSubject: Re: Member Introductions   Member Introductions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 9:21 pm

I had no recollection who programed the software but after a quick search the word rcfs flashed back my memory while I was trying to pass a model under a horizontal obstacle. Indeed it was an excellent tool to learn how to fly. After a weeks worth intensive training (during summer holidays) I was transformed from a student needing some help to fly & land to be able to fly unassisted.
I still think the flying site would be cool to have in phoenix. I think there was also a site for pylon racing.. the most amazibg was that the program could fit in a 3.5 inch floppy..
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Member Introductions   Member Introductions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 10:47 pm

Yes, I really like your idea of recreating the RCFS field for phoenix! That never crossed my mind about the limbo bar and pylons until you just reminded me of it. And your right, that field setup was perfect for learning how to really handle the models.
I learned to fly RC planes though an instructor with a buddy box when I was 11yrs old back in 93', but I remember the first time I seen RCFS. It was prolly a year or so after I started flying RC, my local club had a mall show to help draw interest. Someone brought their gateway PC and the simulator as an attraction intended for spectators to try, but once I got my hands on it I couldn't stop playing with it!
I somehow talked my Grandmother into getting it for me as a birthday gift later that year and the rest as they say was history. I was able to win a local meet fun fly shortly after that because I had become so efficient with flying. And likely because of that RC sim, I still to this day have my first RC plane completely intact which is more testament to simulation value.
Now that I think about it, its sorta neat how that whole chain reaction worked out for me.
My interest in flight brought me to model planes, and then RC, and RC to simulators, simulators to computers, etc. It didn't stop there, but you get my point.
Those years where a real highlight in my life. I miss the 90's often.
Back to top Go down
https://phoenixrc.forumotion.com
RedneckAlbertan

PostSubject: Re: Member Introductions   Member Introductions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 2:54 am

I live in Southern Alberta don't know a whole lot about RC aircraft but a buddy of mine was helping out his neighbour who had a bunch of RC aircraft. He was going to take them to the dump if I didn't take them. So I now have 4 aircraft of them 2 are almost ready to fly and the other 2 in various states of construction. A bunch of accessories and almost everything needed to get them into the air. Talking with a Gentleman at a local hobby store he recommended the Phoenix RC Sim. Found this site in a search for info on Phoenix.
Back to top Go down
WarCowboy
Admin
WarCowboy

PostSubject: Re: Member Introductions   Member Introductions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:55 pm

Well, you never know what can start a hobby, but I can tell you its an awesome one that will entertain you for life. There is a lot of time required for learning the ropes of equipment setup and piloting, but your hobby shop owner is right. Phoenix will save you a lot of heart ache in the end and its fun just to mess with for any reason. I have years on years of model building and flying, so if you need help I or I am sure others on here will be more than happy to get you on your way with things. Welcome to the site and like I said, don't be afraid to ask questions.
Back to top Go down
planesaver

planesaver

PostSubject: Re: Member Introductions   Member Introductions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 2:17 pm

My name is Jeff.  I'm a UAV tech on the Tigershark.  Currently helping with the war effort in Afghanistan.  I started getting involved with flying RC about 2 years ago.  I bought Phoenix Simulator, and flew it for about 6 months.  I pretty much mastered flying the Apprentice,  and then bought one.  Thanks to Phoenix I've never had a crash.  But I had to sell my Apprentice when I deployed.  Now I use Phoenix  at least 2 hours a day here in Afghanistan. I've not tried to create models,  or scenery.  But I am looking forward to trying what is shared on this forum.  I'm glad I found this forum,  as I spend a lot of time using Phoenix.  Thanks Josh.
Back to top Go down
WarCowboy
Admin
WarCowboy

PostSubject: Re: Member Introductions   Member Introductions Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:42 pm

Welcome, and Glad you like the site. Its brand new but is growing well considering.
And thank you for your service.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Member Introductions   Member Introductions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Member Introductions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PhoenixRC Forum :: General :: Forum Welcome & Member Introductions-
Jump to: