PhoenixRC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RC Sim Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

maybe a source for 3D models?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ckleanth

maybe a source for 3D models? Empty
PostSubject: maybe a source for 3D models?   maybe a source for 3D models? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 7:27 pm

http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/3D-Models/Aircraft/Sport-Aircraft

quite pricy imo, but then we only need a shell so perhaps we can get a designer to post a cheaper version without painting etc

Back to top Go down
WarCowboy
Admin
WarCowboy

PostSubject: Re: maybe a source for 3D models?   maybe a source for 3D models? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 7:22 pm

Yeah I don't like cost period, but I can understand if your taking orders from people if this is what you do for a living.
However I fully intend to get the appropriate program once I know what I will be working with in the update. This way I can learn it quickly and start posting open source models so people won't need to pay.
I have a feeling this will be the publicity burst this forum needs to get it rolling in the members side of things.
Back to top Go down
Bad Raven

Bad Raven

PostSubject: Re: maybe a source for 3D models?   maybe a source for 3D models? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 7:13 am

ckleanth wrote:
http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/3D-Models/Aircraft/Sport-Aircraft

quite pricy imo, but then we only need a shell so perhaps we can get a designer to post a cheaper version without painting etc

Not only extremely expensive, but with no moving flying surfaces from a couple of the planes I sampled, not that useful as we'd required MORE 3D parts, not less!!

He'd also still have to provide a skin template, nearly as much effort as a full scheme, so no saving there, either.

I suggest you get FMS or Clearview, then Ac3d or Metasequoia, try doing it, and you will see what actually needs to be done.
Back to top Go down
WarCowboy
Admin
WarCowboy

PostSubject: Re: maybe a source for 3D models?   maybe a source for 3D models? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 7:10 pm

Ok, I will certainly have my work cut out for it, but with persistence I always figured out the things I want to learn for a goal purpose. Thankfully there are load of tutorials all over the internet that should get me rolling
Back to top Go down
ckleanth

PostSubject: Re: maybe a source for 3D models?   maybe a source for 3D models? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 7:43 pm

depending where you installed phoenix if you search for *.geo in C:\Program Files (x86)\PhoenixRC\resources\objects you will find all geometry for the aircraft used
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: maybe a source for 3D models?   maybe a source for 3D models? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

maybe a source for 3D models?
Page 1 of 1