PhoenixRC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RC Sim Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello from Bad Raven

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bad Raven

Bad Raven

Hello from Bad Raven Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Bad Raven   Hello from Bad Raven Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 12:16 pm

Hi, I'm Dave, a retired engineer from the currently quite soggy SE UK. My user name is the letters of my name rearranged, BTW. You'll also see me elsewhere as "Bravedan", again a Spoonerism, but that only resulted in me being called Dan, even with a signature at end, and Raven is the english meaning of my surname.........  pirat 

Used to be a prolific freeware content creator for Microsoft Train Simulator, then played around a bit with Clearview and FMS. Hoping P5 lives up to the hype and you really can make things. Suspect 

I have done quite a few sceneries, some from Creative Commons Panoramas, some converted for my own use only from other Sims (which I own).

The process for basic scenery files I have been using is to take a commonly available 8k x sub 4k rectangular Pano, add to the base to get the full proportions for Phoenix horizon at 50/50, then use Leo's Flight Sim to convert to 6 view cubic, then put that into Creator and add the contact planes and objects. Pretty crude but all I had time for really!!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
ckleanth

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bad Raven   Hello from Bad Raven Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 4:43 pm

Dave, I want to create a 3d panorama for my clubs patch. I made a panoramic head and im in the process of trying to find some time to get there and take the pictures. Im aware about parallel axis issue and the camera is setup correctly so the pics won't distort while I take the pictures to stich them together. I'm planning to use huggin to stitch the panoramic pictures. This is as far as I know and read in phoenix guides regarding up to v4. I was wondering if you can please help a bit with what I need to do next? I read about this alpha channel but
Have no idea what the heck this is..
Back to top Go down
Bad Raven

Bad Raven

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bad Raven   Hello from Bad Raven Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 5:22 pm

Well, hello and welcome to you, too............  Very Happy  Very Happy 

Don't worry about alpha channels yet, you have other things to take account of, and we don't yet know how P5 will change things!!

Firstly, it is VITAL that you choose good lighting conditions, no haze, sunny but no deep black shadows, and conditions that will maintain as unchanged as possible for the duration of the picture taking.

Does your club patch pilots position face square down sun, at least, at a time you can shoot when on-one else is around?..........FAR too many of the Phoenix sites are "into sun" so the plane is a silhouette and the contrast is shot, avoid that at all costs!

Someone did a set for one of my clubs patches, but the day chosen was as flat and uninteresting as a cold pancake, it made everything else double difficult and the end result was disappointing.

Getting a decent balanced set is harder than it looks!! Good Luck.

Back to top Go down
WarCowboy
Admin
WarCowboy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bad Raven   Hello from Bad Raven Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 6:47 pm

Nice to meet you Dave, welcome aboard, and thank you for taking part in helping us out with your knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Bad Raven   Hello from Bad Raven Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Bad Raven
Page 1 of 1